Alan J. Dornhuber, 64, Las Vegas, Nevada, a fugitive, has been arrested in Fort Dodge, Iowa, on a warrant for various felony theft and fraud charges for his operation of mortgage fraud in Las Vegas.
On July 17, the defendant was arrested by two Fort Dodge Police Department patrol officers in the area of 1200 Blk of 6th Ave. North after a suspicious incident in which he and another suspect attempted to conduct unannounced repairs on the roof a resident’s home.
On Jan 23, 2014, the AG’s office requested the public’s assistance in locating three mortgage fraud suspects. In that case Dornhuber was charged with the following:
• four counts of theft by material misrepresentation in the amount of $3,500 or more;
• two counts of theft by material misrepresentation in the amount of $3,500 or more from a person 60 years of age or older;
• one count of theft by material misrepresentation in the amount of $650 or more;
• four counts of mortgage lending fraud;
• one count of pattern of mortgage lending fraud;
• one count of multiple transaction involving fraud and deceit in the course of enterprise or occupation; and
• two counts of preventing or dissuading victim, person acting on behalf of a victim or witness from reporting a crime, commence prosecution or causing arrest.
Dornhuber was booked into Webster County Jail in Fort Dodge on his outstanding warrants.
If convicted, Dornhuber faces a maximum sentence of 20 years.
The AG’s Office is still looking for the remaining two suspects referenced in the Jan. 23 announcement: William Chrissikopoulos, 43, Las Vegas; and Lynda Finch-Estrada, 54, Las Vegas.
The investigation indicates there may be more Nevada and California residents affected by the scam.
Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto announced the arrest.
AG Investigators describe Chrissikopoulos as a Caucasian male in his mid-40’s, 6’2” tall, weighing 220 pounds with black hair and hazel/green eyes. Finch-Estrada is described as a Caucasian female in her mid-50s, 5’2” tall, weighing 220 pounds with shoulder-length blonde hair and blue eyes. Finch-Estrada was last seen in Iowa.
As with all criminal cases, the defendant is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.